Creating a WHOOP Team is a fun way to motivate and connect with others, whether that be friends, family, workout buddies, or coworkers. The number of members you can have on a team is limitless. When you create a team, you become the owner of that team and have the authority to add or remove members, as well as update the team's settings.
Creating a Team
First, select the Community icon in the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen. Below are two ways to create a team. Both options are equivalent.
Option 1: If you swipe to the bottom of the screen, select "Create a Team."
Option 2: Alternatively, select the icon with three dots in the upper right-hand corner of the Community page and select "Create Team."
Customizing your Team
Choose a Name
After selecting the option to create a team, begin by choosing a team name.
Choose a Banner and Logo
Customize your team page with options for a banner image and a team logo. Select from a pre-existing collection or upload your own.
Choose the Leaderboard Metrics
Select the leaderboard metrics you’d like to share (Strain, Recovery, and Sleep) among your team. Finally, select "Create Team."
*Note: The leaderboard metric settings cannot be edited once the team has been created! This is to ensure the protection of privacy for you and your teammates.
Adding Team Members
Congratulations! Your team has now been created. It's time to add some members to your team.
To add WHOOP members to your team, you can search their name or username and invite them from there.
If you cannot find them by searching, you can send them the team's 10 digit code that they can enter in the "Join Team" section of their app. If one of your friends isn’t on WHOOP, you can use the embedded referral link to invite them!
For more information on joining a team, check out this article.
How many people can be on a team?
- There is no limit on the number of members on a team.
Can I add a leaderboard for sleep and take away the recovery leaderboard?
- Unfortunately, we are unable to change the strain, recovery, and sleep leaderboards once they are set up on team creation.
Why are there two or more teams with the same name?
- We allow multiple teams to have the same name.
How can people join my team?
- Members can join a team by entering an invitation code in Settings > Join team or by being invited to join.
How do I invite someone to join my team?
- In the team description page of the app, you can select add members. From here you can search their name or @username. If they are unsearchable, you can send them the Team Code at the bottom of the page and they can then enter it in their app by selecting settings in the menu, then “Join Team.”
Can people search for me to invite me to a team? How can I change my privacy settings so no one can search me?
- People should be able to search your name or @username if your privacy settings are set to allow people to search for you. You can check your privacy settings by tapping the hamburger menu, scrolling down to Settings, then tapping privacy. If you toggle off the team invitations, you will not be searchable. You will however still be able to join teams by entering a team code.
If I leave a team, can I rejoin?
- You can leave a team whenever you please. You will need to enter a team invite code to get back into the team or have a new invite sent.
What happens if I no longer want to be the owner of a team?
- If you would like to transfer ownership (and you are the owner of the team), you can scroll to the description page of your team and click on the icon in the upper right-hand corner of the app. This will bring you to a Manage Team page where you can edit different features as well as transfer ownership and remove members. If you wish to leave a team you are the owner of, you will have to transfer ownership prior to leaving.
How can I search for a team that already exists?
- You cannot search team names. You either have to be invited or you have to have an invite code. You can search all public teams on WHOOP by going to the Menu > Join Team > Browse Teams.
Who Can Invite New Members to a Team?
- Anyone on the team or who has the code can invite new members to a team.