This article covers the steps to pair your WHOOP 3.0 to the WHOOP mobile app.
The WHOOP 3.0 utilizes Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to connect to your mobile phone.
With this technology, all pairing must take place inside the WHOOP App on both Android and iOS. Pairing the WHOOP 3.0 through the phone's settings may cause the WHOOP to not appear in the app or lead to other errors.
During this pairing process, please make sure your iOS device is not in low power mode.
iOS - Re-pairing a WHOOP 3.0
Below are the steps to place your phone and app into the proper state to successfully pair or re-pair your WHOOP 3.0:
1. Force close the WHOOP app.
2. Navigate to your iOS device settings and select Bluetooth.
3. If your WHOOP is listed under My Devices, select the icon next to your WHOOP ID and then select Forget This Device.
NOTE: You may have to do this step twice. You can confirm this worked when you no longer see your WHOOP 3.0 in the My Devices section.
4. Restart your iPhone.
5. Once the phone is back on, remove the WHOOP 3.0 from your wrist and place it in pairing mode.
6. To activate pairing mode, wait until the green sensor LEDs on the underside of the sensor turn off, switching the sensor into off-wrist mode. This green sensor must remain off while activating pairing mode.
7. Hold the sensor by the sides (where there are gold contacts) with your thumb and index finger. NOTE: Do not a) touch the sensor area on the underside of the sensor, or b) place the sensor down on a flat surface during this process. Doing so will reactivate your sensor to on-wrist mode, which deactivates pairing mode.
8. Then tap the top of the sensor firmly and repeatedly until one white LED strobes back and forth on the side of the sensor as seen in the image below.
NOTE: While you're tapping the sensor, the battery level indicator lights will activate. You may also see a combination of red/white flashing lights on the side of your 3.0. Continue to tap until your sensor enters pairing mode. The sensor will remain in pairing mode until it successfully finishes pairing (up to 3 minutes).
After the WHOOP 3.0 finished pairing, the light sequence will stop. If you're still unable to connect, you will need to re-initiate the pairing mode.
- Open the WHOOP app.
- Open the menu.
- Navigate to Device Settings.
- Select Pair a Device.
- Select your WHOOP ID.
- Select Connect.
- An additional dialog box will appear labeled Bluetooth Pairing Request asking you to confirm pairing to this device. Select Pair and you should now be connected.