We recommend keeping your WHOOP Strap clean and routinely practicing the proper maintenance and care.
Washing & Drying
- Wash your band as necessary. You can wash your band with soap and water.
- Keep the Strap dry. If the Strap gets wet, dry it by squeezing the band with a towel to wring out the water. Or, take off the Strap and let it dry off before putting it back on.
- If you wear your WHOOP Strap in the shower: Take off the Strap and wash the band and sensor with soap/water. Also wash the area of your skin that touches the underside of the Strap sensor.
- Maintain a clean sensor by cleaning the underbelly of the sensor regularly (ex: 2-3 times a week) with either soap or sanitizing wipes. Be sure to rinse thoroughly with water.
- NOTE: There is a thin groove around the underside of the sensor (see below image, arrow pointing) that can quickly collect debris with normal use. Clean this area with a soft brush or toothpick by gently scraping the inside/edges of the groove.
Avoiding Skin Irritation and Dryness
- If you experience redness or skin irritation, try wearing the Strap on your other arm to avoid overexposing one area. This will not affect/disrupt the accuracy of the Strap.
- If you have dry skin, consider using moisturizer on the area of skin (underneath the sensor).