Overview: Failed membership charges are most often due to an invalid payment method on file.
NOTE: Members will be notified automatically by our payment processing system once their payment has failed.
To change/update your payment method, follow the steps below:
- Go to app.whoop.com
- Go to the Membership section.
- Under Payment, select Update.
- From there, enter: your new card number, expiration date, CVC (security code), and card zip code in the section provided.
Related articles: Updating Payment Information
My Payment Method is accurate, why am I still getting a failed charge?
If your payment method information is accurate/up-to-date, we recommend contacting your credit card company (or bank) to find out the reason for the failed charge.
- Our third party integration does "smart retries", or a variable number of recharge attempts.
- The average number of recharge attempts is up to 4 times (this number MAY vary) within 2 weeks.
- After 2 weeks, if the charge still fails, your subscription will be auto-canceled.
Reactivating a (canceled) Membership
To reactivate your membership, you will only be charged $30 for the current month of the billing cycle. You don't have to worry about being charged for any "past due" balances, or the time you took off in between.