Failed membership charges are most often due to an invalid payment method on file.
NOTE: Members will be notified automatically by our payment processing system once their payment has failed.
IN THIS ARTICLE
- Change/Update Your Payment Method
- My Payment Method is Accurate, Why Am I Still Getting a Failed Charge?
- Reactivating a (Canceled) Membership
To change/update your payment method, follow the steps below:
- Go to app.whoop.com
- Go to the Membership section.
- Under Payment, select Update.
- From there, enter: your new card number, expiration date, CVC (security code), and card zip code in the section provided.
Related articles: Updating Payment Information
My Payment Method is accurate, why am I still getting a failed charge?
If your payment method information is accurate/up-to-date, we recommend contacting your credit card company (or bank) to find out the reason for the failed charge.
- Our third party integration does "smart retries", or a variable number of recharge attempts.
- The average number of recharge attempts is up to 4 times (this number MAY vary) within 2 weeks.
- After 2 weeks, if the charge still fails, your subscription will be auto-canceled.
Reactivating a (canceled) Membership
To reactivate your membership, you will only be charged $30 for the current month of the billing cycle. You don't have to worry about being charged for any "past due" balances, or the time you took off in between.
Last Updated: December 13th, 2021