For a more detailed discussion, please see our blog post here: https://www.whoop.com/the-locker/whoop-strap-3-0-bluetooth-low-energy-tips-and-tricks/
Android - Re-pairing a WHOOP Strap 3.0:
Below are the steps to place your phone and app into the proper state to successfully pair or re-pair your 3.0 strap:
- Force quit the app
- Go to Apps & Notifications > WHOOP > Storage > Click 'Clear Storage'
- Go to Bluetooth settings > Unpair/forget the WHOOP 3.0 strap (Leave the WHOOP 2.0 strap paired if one is present)
- Shut down the phone (do not do restart, manually shut the phone off and turn it back on). This will fully reset the bluetooth system in the phone.
- Go to the Location system settings, enable the global 'Use Location' toggle as well as the WHOOP app level permission. If either of these are disabled, you will not be able to pair your device.
- Open the WHOOP app and login
- Take the strap off wrist and put it into pairing mode by tapping it until the LED's flash back and forth
- Go to the menu in the WHOOP app -> Click 'Strap Settings' -> Click 'Pair with a whoop strap'