The WHOOP Strap 3.0 utilizes Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to connect to your mobile phone. A key difference between Strap 2.0 and Strap 3.0 is the use of BLE. With this technology, all pairing must take place inside the WHOOP App on both Android and iOS. Pairing the WHOOP Strap through the phone's settings may cause the WHOOP Strap not to appear in the app or lead to other errors.
For a more detailed discussion, please see our blog post here: https://www.whoop.com/the-locker/whoop-strap-3-0-bluetooth-low-energy-tips-and-tricks/
Re-pairing a WHOOP Strap 3.0:
Below are the steps to place your phone and app into the proper state to successfully pair or re-pair your 3.0 strap:
- In the WHOOP App, go to Strap Settings > Advanced Settings > Unpair Strap (Please disregard if there is nothing to unpair)
- Force close the WHOOP app by swiping out of it completely.
- On iOS itself (that is, out of the WHOOP App), go to your iPhone Settings > Bluetooth > Tap on your WHOOP Strap identified by Serial Number > “Forget This Device" (In our experience, you may have to do this step twice. You can confirm this worked when you no longer see your WHOOP Strap in the "My Devices" section).
- For good measure, restart your iPhone.
- Take the Strap off of your wrist and make sure off-wrist mode is activated (the green LEDs on the bottom turn off). Tap the Strap repeatedly in order to put the Strap in pairing mode (you'll see the white lights chasing up and down the Strap).
- Now, go back to the WHOOP App and go to Strap Settings > Pair with a Whoop Strap > Select your Strap number and tap on it. An additional dialog box will appear asking you to confirm pairing to this device. Click yes and now you should be paired.