You may need to activate Pairing Mode for the following reasons:
- If your WHOOP Strap does not automatically reconnect to your device.
- You are pairing to a new device for the first time.
What Pairing Mode Looks Like
To check if your Strap is in pairing mode, check the LEDs on the side of the Strap (see image below).
The Strap is in pairing mode when one single white LED strobes back and forth between 3 positions.
Note: a single, stationary blinking white LED is not pairing mode (this represents the battery life of your Strap).
*Generally, pairing mode will last up to 2 minutes or until the Strap has been paired.
Activating Pairing Mode
1. Remove the Strap from your wrist. (Make sure your Strap is charged beforehand)
2. Place the Strap in off-wrist mode. To do so, wait until the green sensor LEDs on the underside of the Strap turn off. These green sensor LEDs need to remain off in order to activate pairing mode.
3. Hold the sensor by the sides (where there are gold contacts) with your thumb and index finger. NOTE: Do not a) touch the sensor area on the underside of the Strap or b) place the sensor down on a flat surface during this process. Doing so will reactivate your Strap to on-wrist mode, which deactivates pairing mode.
4. Firmly and continuously double tap (like a heartbeat) the top of the WHOOP Strap. Repeat this step (continuously) to successfully activate pairing mode.
Note: While you’re tapping the Strap, the battery level indicator lights will activate. You may also see a combination of red/white flashing lights on the side of the Strap.
- Continue to tap until your Strap enters pairing mode.
- This process may take up to 15-20 seconds.
- The Strap will remain in pairing mode until it finishes successfully pairing. (3 minutes)
- After the Strap finishes pairing, the light sequence will stop.
- If you're still unable to connect, you will need to re-initiate pairing mode.
For visual learners: check out the video below.