Upgrading to 4.0 and don't know what to do with your 3.0? Pass it on via our Upcycle Program and get a free month of WHOOP!
What Is The UPCYCLE IT! Program??
- The UPCYCLE IT! program encourages upgraded 4.0 members to "gift" their 3.0 to a friend, so it doesn't go to waste.
- Upgraders will receive an Upcycle Kit, which includes:
- a fresh Gen 3.0 band, alcohol wipes, brown kraft envelope, and an instructional sleeve.
Not Interested? No sweat. We encourage recycling your 3.0 (device and battery pack) by checking with local guidance on the proper electronics disposal process.
Okay, I Got My Upcycle Kit. What Do I Do Next?
Freshen up your 3.0 with the sanitary wipes and fresh 3.0 band (included in the Upcycle Kit).
If the Giftee becomes a paying member (by way of membership extensions, upgrade (to 4.0), or simply pays their next month) after their 2 months free trial, you (the Gifter) automatically receive 1 free month of WHOOP (credit).
Gifter - Original owner who gifts their 3.0 to a friend/new person.
Giftee - Friend/new member who receives the upcycled 3.0.
NOTE: Once a Giftee finishes their trial period, if they choose to become a paying member and passes down the upcycled 3.0 to a new Giftee, the aforementioned Giftee now becomes the new Gifter. Rinse and repeat!
Terms & Conditions
With the Upcycle Program, the Giftee receives 2 free months of WHOOP (in contrast to the original upcycle Incentive, which gives the new member 1 free month).
After their free trial, if the Giftee purchases a membership in some form (via upgrade, recurring billing, or extension purchase), their Gifter will receive 1 free month of WHOOP.
- The program only works once per upgrader. This means that once the Giftee uses up their 2 free months, the upcycled 3.0 reverts back to its original incentive of 1 month free upon signup.
...UNLESS the Giftee also upgrades to 4.0. If this is the case, the upcycled 3.0 resets back to 2 months free once more for the next Giftee in line to use.
As long as each subsequent Giftee upgrades after their 2 free months trial, the upcycled 3.0 will continue to allot 2 months free for any new member that uses it.
Important NOTE: Giftees must purchase a 4.0 upgrade in order to set the upcycled 3.0 to a 2 months free trial. If the Giftee simply purchases an 3.0 membership or extension, they will earn their Gifter a 1 month credit, but the upcycled 3.0 reverts back to the original upcycled incentive of 1 month free trial.
How Will I Be Notified Of My Free Month(s) Credit?
- Upon initial signup, Giftees will be alerted that they get a 2 month free WHOOP trial as part of onboarding.
- During onboarding, they will be required to enter a credit card/payment method, but will not be charged for 2 months.
- If and when granted, the Gifter will see their 1 month free credit on their billing screen (in the app). Remember: the Gifter will only receive 1 month free if their Giftee becomes a paying member (i.e. purchases a membership and/or extension or upgrades to 4.0) after their 2 months trial period.
**In the works: sending Gifters confirmation emails informing them of their credit.