The WHOOP 4.0 introduces a new feature, to let you (re)name your WHOOP. This can be helpful if you live in a household with multiple WHOOP users. It also makes it easier to find your device name when you connect to other BLE-compatible devices using Heart Rate Broadcast.
How To Rename Your WHOOP
- a) Click on the connectivity status box at the bottom of the overview screen - OR b) go to the Menu in the bottom right hand corner of the overview screen and navigate to Device Settings.
- At the top of Device Settings, you will see your WHOOP Serial Number and a pencil icon.
- Tap on the pencil icon to open the renaming screen.
- Type in your new 4.0 name (you can use both characters and symbols) in the box and click Save. NOTE: There is a 15 character limit, and symbols may reduce the number of characters available.
- You can rename your device again at any time, and reuse previous names as well. NOTE: Some symbols may appear differently on third-party BLE-compatible devices. Additionally, the updated name may take some time to appear in Bluetooth settings, or on other products/devices due to operation system caching.