This article provides an overview of the new Haptic Alert feature and how it works.
IN THIS ARTICLE
- What is the Haptic Alert and How does it work?
- How do I turn my alarm on?
- Alarm Banner
- Alarm Warnings
- Alarm Errors
- How do I turn my alarm off?
What is the Haptic Alert and how does it work?
The WHOOP Haptic Alert allows you to set personalized alarms based on your daily performance goals. Your device will vibrate for 30 seconds either at the time you set or within an hour window depending on the alarm. There are three types of alarms: Exact Time, Sleep Goal, and In the Green.
- Exact Time: Set the exact time you wish to be woken up and your WHOOP 4.0 will vibrate at that time.
- Sleep Goal: Choose your sleep goal (Peak: 100% Sleep Need, Perform: 85% Sleep Need, Get By: 70% Sleep Need) and the latest time you wish to be woken up. Your WHOOP 4.0 will wake you up within an hour of your latest wake up time, once you have reached your sleep goal. If you do not reach your sleep goal by your latest wake up time, your WHOOP 4.0 will wake you up at that time.
- In the Green: Choose the latest time you wish to be woken up. Your WHOOP 4.0 will wake you up within an hour of this time, once you have reached a green Recovery score. If your Recovery score is not 67% or higher by your latest wake up time, your WHOOP 4.0 will wake you up at that time.
For example, if you scheduled a haptic alert for a green recovery with an end time of 3 hours later, while you wouldn't have achieved your minimum sleep, the alert would still wake you up within that hour because that's the time you set. The technology focuses specifically on the performance goals in the Sleep Coach goal.
How do I turn my alarm on?
- To access WHOOP haptic alerts, select the Coaching icon in the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap anywhere within the section labeled Sleep Coach.
- Toggle the alarm ON. When you toggle the alarm on, you will be prompted to make several choices:
- Choose your alarm mode: Exact Time, Sleep Goal, or In the Green.
- Choose your sleep goal: 100%, 85%, or 70%.
- Set your latest wake time (this is the latest time you want to wake up, regardless of your set goal).
- Once your alarm is set, your screen will be updated with your new suggested bedtime and what time your alarm is set for!
- NOTE: Sleep Goal and In the Green alarms have a 1-hour wake window based on the latest wake time you set. If you meet the sleep goals you set for yourself, your alarm may go off earlier than the latest wake time.
An alarm banner will replace the Health Monitor 6 hours after your wake time and will be replaced by the Health Monitor when you receive your Recovery in the morning.
- Low Battery Warning: If your WHOOP 4.0 is below 20% battery, you will get a warning message that your WHOOP 4.0 might run out of battery before your alarm goes off, however, your alarm will still be set. Keep your WHOOP 4.0 battery above 10% to ensure your alarm goes off.
When your WHOOP battery is low and you have an alarm set, you will see the Alarm banner on the Overview and Sleep Coach pages, with a notification that your battery is low, and for your alarm to go off, you will need to charge your WHOOP.
- Low Phone Battery warning: If your phone battery is low, you will get a warning message that your phone might run out of battery before your alarm goes off. If your phone runs out of battery during the night, your alarm will go off at the Latest Wake Time that you set.
- Saving Failed: If your alarm fails saving, this means that your WHOOP 4.0 is not connected to your phone. Connect your WHOOP 4.0 to your phone and then try again.
How do I turn my alarm off?
You can stop your WHOOP 4.0 from vibrating before the 30 seconds is up by double tapping on your device.
If you wake up before your alarm and don’t wish for it to still go off, you will need to toggle it OFF in your WHOOP app.
*Note: there is no snooze functionality in WHOOP Haptic Alarm.
Last Updated: December 10th, 2021