This article covers the steps to pair your WHOOP 4.0 to the WHOOP mobile app. These steps are applicable for Apple phones running iOS.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Re-pairing Your WHOOP 4.0
The WHOOP 4.0 utilizes Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to connect to your mobile phone. With this technology, all pairing must take place inside the WHOOP App on both Android and iOS. Pairing the WHOOP 4.0 through the phone's settings may cause the WHOOP to not appear in the app or lead to other errors. During this pairing process, please make sure your iOS device is not in low power mode.
Below are the steps to place your phone and app into the proper state to successfully pair or re-pair your WHOOP 4.0:
- Force close the WHOOP app.
- In the iOS device settings (outside of the WHOOP App), select "Bluetooth." If your device is found under "My Devices," select the icon next to your WHOOP ID and then select “Forget This Device." (In our experience, you may have to do this step twice. You can confirm this worked when you no longer see your WHOOP 4.0 in the "My Devices" section).
- Restart your iPhone.
- Once the phone is back on, remove the WHOOP 4.0 from your wrist and place it in pairing mode.
To activate pairing mode, wait until the green sensor LEDs on the underside of the sensor turn off, switching the sensor into off-wrist mode. This green sensor must remain off while activating pairing mode.
Hold the sensor by the sides with your thumb and index finger. NOTE: Do not a) touch the sensor area on the underside of the sensor, or b) place the sensor down on a flat surface during this process. Doing so will reactivate your sensor to on-wrist mode, which deactivates pairing mode.
- Then, tap the top of the sensor firmly and repeatedly until the device enters pairing mode, which is indicated by a pulsing blue LED on the side of the device. This process may take 15-20 seconds.
- Navigate to Menu -> Device Settings -> Advanced -> Pair a Device” and select your WHOOP 4.0.
- While pairing, you will see a blue flashing light on the side of the device until the 4.0 finishes successfully pairing (up to 3 minutes). After the 4.0 finishes pairing, the light sequence will stop.
- If you're still unable to connect, wait until the light sequence has stopped and repeat steps 1-4.