We created Year in Review as a shareable data experience that shows unique insights, trends, and highlights for the community and individual WHOOP members in 2021.
Starting December 21, 2021, WHOOP 3.0 and 4.0 members with more than 28 days of recoveries logged in 2021 will receive a customized Year in Review video accessible via WHOOP app notification, email, or directly logging into the microsite link using your WHOOP login credentials.
IN THIS ARTICLE
You will receive a personalized video that can be accessed via yearinreview.whoop.com, the downloadable video can also be shared with friends and family or on social media.
When your video is ready, you will receive an email/push notification and then can access your video link in the following ways:
- Microsite (yearinreview.whoop.com) - accessible with WHOOP login credentials. In site, a "Watch Now" button is available to link you directly to your video:
- Email with a personalized video link
- In-App notification with a personalized video link
- You can also access your video from the Coaching tab in-app through January 31, 2022.
- NOTE: To access this feature, please ensure you are on the latest app version (iOS 4.6.17).
You can access your Year in Review until Jan 31, 2022, via yearinreview.whoop.com.
Important Note: We highly recommend you download and save your Year in Review video for long-term access.
Check out the Community Year in Review at yearinreview.whoop.com to see how your stats stack up against the rest of the WHOOP community.
Why don’t I have a Year in Review video?
Individual videos are only available to WHOOP members with at least 28 days of recoveries as of mid-November.
How do I share my Year in Review on Instagram?
Download your video via the download button and then share on Instagram.
I am having trouble accessing my video, what should I do?
Please make sure you are using the most updated app version. If the issue persists, please contact our Membership Services Support Team.
Are you sharing my data?
As stated in our Privacy Principles, WHOOP members are in control of their personal data. We do not share members personal data. Community data shared is aggregated and anonymized. Individual videos are only accessible via login and a unique link that does not include personally identifiable information. You can also choose to not share your Year in Review video with others.
Why don’t I have all 365 days in review in my video?
Year In Review pulls in your total recoveries from between mid-November 2020 to mid-November 2021 and only those that are statistically significant given your overall personalized data behaviors.
Can I ask a general question about data quality?
This video was made specifically for you based on your data from November 16, 2020 - November 15, 2021.
Why does my video show a name and/or data that I don’t recognize?
Please ensure you are have logged in with your WHOOP credentials and are using your member-specific link. If you are still seeing a video that seems to not be yours, please send your link and we can review the video.
How were my top activities calculated?
Top activities are based on the top categorized activities you performed over the period of time in review. Unclassified activities (“Other” or “Activity”) were not counted towards your top activities.
One of my strain categories is 0% but I have (at least) 1 day strain in that category. Why is it 0%?
As a percentage of the total days in review, that strain category may have been rounded down to 0% since it was less than 0.5% of your total days in review.
How were the most positive journal behaviors decided?
Note: The journal behaviors are not ordered by effect size, they are ordered by text length.
- In the case that you do not use the journal: the most positive journal behaviors are based on the entire WHOOP community.
- In the case that you use the journal enough for 1 or 2 behaviors to qualify: your top 1 or 2 behaviors will be listed and the 2 or 1 behaviors that are missing are supplemented with the most positive journal behaviors of the entire WHOOP community.
- In the case that you use the journal: all behaviors are based on your journal.
- Journal behaviors that come up but seem non-intuitive (e.g. alcohol, sickness) are correct based on our analysis although the effects are likely small on the individual level. These behaviors match your most recent MPA and you can look there to verify.
What is a perfect sleep performance?
When you meet 100% or more of your sleep need.
I had a higher day strain or recovery score OR I had a lower recovery score last week / last year.
The highest day strain, highest recovery score, and lowest recovery scores are based on the time period in review (11/16/20 - 11/15/21).