We recommend keeping your WHOOP clean and routinely practicing the proper maintenance and care. These wash and care instructions apply to all versions of WHOOP.
Washing and Drying
- Hand wash only (band and sensor).
NOTE: While the WHOOP 4.0 can be washed with the Fast Link™ Slider, do not wash the stainless steel metal portion.
- Hang to dry, or squeeze the band with a towel to wring out excess water. You can also keep your WHOOP off-wrist and let it air dry completely before putting it back on.
NOTE: When not washing, keep your WHOOP dry.
- Members are encouraged to also change out the slider periodically.
- If you wear your WHOOP in the shower: Take off your WHOOP and wash the band and sensor with soap/water. Also wash the area of your skin that touches the underside of the sensor.
- Maintain a clean sensor by cleaning the underbelly of the sensor regularly (ex: 2-3 times a week) with either soap or sanitizing wipes. Be sure to rinse thoroughly with water.
NOTE: There is a thin groove around the underside of the sensor that can quickly collect debris with normal use (see image below, where arrow is pointing to). Clean this area with a soft brush or toothpick by gently scraping the inside/edges of the groove.
Superknit bands are made of micro-filament yarn to maximize durability and comfort. To avoid retaining moisture, we recommend washing your Superknit regularly with soap and water (after 3-4 wears), either in the shower or off-body.
Avoiding Skin Irritation and Dryness
- If you experience redness or skin irritation, try wearing your WHOOP on your other arm to avoid overexposing one area. This will not affect/disrupt the accuracy of the WHOOP.
- If you have dry skin, consider using moisturizer on the area of skin (underneath the sensor).