Overview: Activity Detection is a feature that identifies periods of elevated heart rate and higher-than-average movement, and logs them as Activities in the WHOOP app. Activity Detection can help identify times when you are active or working out, removing the requirement to start and stop an activity or add one after the fact.
Activity Auto Detection Requirements
In order for an activity to be detected, it must meet the following requirements:
- 15 minutes of continuous elevated heart rate.
- A Strain resulting in 8 (or higher) for the duration of the Activity.
- Activity Detection is toggled On in your app (located in the Menu under Activity Detection, default setting is On).
Activities will be automatically logged once Activity Detection determines that your heart rate has returned to and maintained a normal level per your baseline. This may take up to 20 minutes after the end of a workout or activity. If your heart rate was elevated for a long enough period of time at an intensity of meaning, you should be able to see a pulsing heart on the Overview Screen of the app indicating that an Activity is being processed as seen in the image below. The pulsing heart indicating an elevated heartbeat will not always result in a logged Activity if it doesn't meet the above requirements.
Related Articles: Why didn't my Activity Auto-Detect?
Labeling the Activity
WHOOP will label the Activity if we find that your motion matches one of our 60+ supported Activities. WHOOP currently supports labeling:
* GPS enabled activities
Manual Logging an Activity
If your Activity was not auto-detected 20 minutes after finishing your workout, you can always manually log the Activity. By manually logging the activity and making sure to include the appropriate activity label, this will help WHOOP learn about your Activity and may detect it in the future, even if the Activity does not meet the above requirements.
To manually log an Activity
- Select the activity icon on the far right of the overview screen of the WHOOP app (circled in red below)
- A pop up window (highlighted in blue) will appear, where you can add/choose an Activity and select a start and end time. Once you are finished adding your activity, tap the Save button.
Logging An Activity Using Strain Coach
You can also initiate an Activity to track in real-time via Strain Coach:
- Tap on the Coaching tab in the navigation bar :
- Once you're in the Coaching tab view, tap Start Activity.
- To change the Activity listed at the top of the screen, select the downward arrow (from the default activity listed).
- Once you've selected the activity you want, select Start Activity.
- To complete an Activity, simply tap End & Save at the top of the screen.
You can enable or disable the Optimal Strain suggestion in Strain Coach by toggling it off on the same screen before beginning your Activity. If you select running, walking, or cycling, you can choose to disable GPS by toggling it off as well (see both toggles below). It is important that your WHOOP strap is connected to your device before you begin the activity.
If you need to discard an Activity, tap Discard at the top left of the screen after finishing the Activity. You can also delete the Activity after it has processed by:
- Going to the Overview Screen on the App
- Tapping on the Activity (it'll be logged like below)
- Tapping the Edit icon (pencil icon on the right of the screen)
- You'll see the below pop-up selections:
- Select Delete Activity.
Turning Off Auto-Detection
If you'd like to turn off the Activity Detection feature, you can do so by:
- Going to the Menu section in the app
- Select Activity Detection
- Turn off the Activity Detection toggle
Reasons to disable Activity Detection:
- You prefer to start and stop your activities to take advantage of GPS route tracking.
- You prefer to log your activities manually to have to-the-minute control over start and end times.
- There are periods of activity being detected that you do not wish to log in the WHOOP app (such as a bike commute).
- You are part of an elite team and your activities are scheduled by your coach or trainer.
NOTE: You can re-enable Activity Detection at any time simply by turning on the detection toggle.