You can improve your Recovery in various ways:
- Get more sleep. Easier said than done, we know, but there really is no way around it: you need sleep to perform. If it is too hard to get enough sleep at night, learn to embrace the mid-day nap.
- Drink more water. Every athlete has heard this, but many are still not drinking enough. Water is important for rehydration and for cooling your body after a tough workout.
- Fuel right. Don’t skip meals, but do skip the junk food. If you want to be a champion, eat like one.
- Say no to alcohol. Recovery is an active process, like so many other things, we do it poorly while under the influence.
- Don’t skip the cool down. Take the time to properly cool down at the end of the workout. This will allow your body to clear out the metabolic wastes accumulated during exercise.
10 Ways to Improve Your Heart Rate Variability
Recovery Tips from Leading WHOOP Members